Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Silence. . .

Has been exactly what I need right now.  This cycle marks two full years of infertility this round. . . this is officially the longest I have ever spent trying to conceive.

I stopped temping once I confirmed ovulation this cycle.  I'm trying to relax and wait. . . either we conceived or we didn't, there's no use stressing over it.

Hubs said he was on board to go the NFP route to trying to conceive. . . that meant:

No intercourse during menses.
Intercourse every other day until CM changes.
Once CM changes, hold over intercourse until slippery sensation appears (most fertile CM).

This works well for a lot of women because you time intercourse perfectly.  Part of our problem is low count issues with frequent intercourse and my husbands voracious appetite in that realm.  Ideally, NFP would help us ensure good counts on our most fertile day.

The problem- hubs did fairly well with our restrictions until the weekend ovulation actually occurred.  My hope is that we had good swimmers in there when the egg popped, but who knows.

I expect AF over the weekend. . . if she doesn't show up, then I'll test sometime next week.  I'm not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment