Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Drumroll, please. . .

It looks like we are PREGNANT.  I can't believe I'm typing those words!!!!  I know that it's early and a lot can still go wrong.  This is the first time in 18 cycles that we've actually gotten fertilization. . . woohoo!

I tested yesterday at what I thought was 18dpo after having a negative at 15dpo.  I got a lightish positive on my First Response Early Result (the most sensitive currently on the market).  Dr. Awesome got me right in for a beta and progesterone draw.  My beta came back at 18 and progesterone at 6.28.  Both are on the low side.  I started progesterone suppositories yesterday evening so hopefully they will nip that concern.

Beta #2 is tomorrow. . . praying for a double.  What it looks like happened is that I actually ovulated later and was possibly only 9dpo yesterday. .  .which is very early for a positive test.   Either way, today I am 35 days since my last menstrual period.   I'm "due" somewhere between Feb. 14 and 23rd depending on date of ovulation.  Since I am a repeat c-section, I will have baby anywhere from Feb. 7-15th assuming we have a sticky baby in there!

Today, because I'm a crazy, sub-fertile woman, I pee'd on three more pregnancy tests.  Yeah. . . I know.  Another First Response Early Result from the 3 pack I bought yesterday and then 2 Dollar Tree Assured brand tests (they are less sensitive).  All of them were positive although none of the lines were jumping out screaming.  I'm taking that as a good sign that my numbers are increasing and tomorrow's beta will be happy news.

Here's my thinking on why my numbers aren't great. . . If I really did ovulate on CD25 instead of CD16 (my temp chart was wacky this cycle) then of course I would get a negative on CD31 and while CD34 was early at 9dpo, still possible to get a low HCG reading.   If I had ovulated on CD16 and my little bean had started to implant but not been fully able to (chemical pregnancy), then I would have likely had my positive on CD31 and been negative (and bleeding) by now.   Maybe it's just wishful thinking.  I feel pregnant so I'm taking that as a good sign. . . I love being nauseated! :-)

In the meantime I'm going to remind myself to not complain about being tired, nauseated, having sore boobs, or any other pregnancy symptom. . . because it's all worth it and a gazillion times better than continuing in infertile land.

Let me just say. . . it's been 8 years since I've gotten a BFP. . . even the faintest hint of a line.  I'm a giddy cow at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment