Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trigger Happy

Today marks CD13.  I have three follicles on the right ovary-  they measured at 27.4mm, 22.8, & 22.1.  My lining was at 9.2mm which resolved my concerns over the clomid affecting my endometrium.  The left ovary was lazy, but that's okay.  Three big, fat, follicles is plenty for me.

Dr. Awesome thought my LH surge may have already started with how big my follicles are.  I had some lines on the OPK yesterday but nothing that was positive by test standards.  I tested 3x daily from CD10-12.  Anyway, Dr. A was in a hurry for us to get some BD on since we didn't want to miss our window.  We triggered even though he wasn't sure it was necessary.  Last BD session was Sunday after a 72 hour break, so that should have gotten some good swimmers in there.  Today was icing, although the break may not have been long enough for the sperm count to be good (40hrs, we test best at 60-72 hours).  (There was conversation over if it was worth doing a LH blood test, but I'd possibly have to trigger anyway and the blood test costs as much as the trigger- so why not skip it since the trigger won't cause any interference with ovulation even it it has started.)

Hubs ran home from school and we managed to get a quickie in.  That's all it takes, right?  While he rushed back to school, I propped up my rear for 30 minutes.

We truly are that comedic infertile couple the movies depict. . . *sigh*.

Here's hoping tomorrow shows a temperature spike.

No comments:

Post a Comment