Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OHSS

Today I am 4.4weeks.   Still soooooo early and yet it feels like forever since my first positive pregnancy test (a week ago tomorrow). 

Because I'm slightly neurotic, I begged another BETA today.  I'm waiting on the results.  Based on standard doubling, we are looking for something over 1108.  If I am still tripling, then I expect something around 2448 or higher.  My forecast is 2800. :-)

I have OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome).  Thankfully it's in the milder range and doesn't require any intervention (yet).  I'm terribly bloated (as in I can't button my pants) and my ovaries hurt!  Otherwise, we are plugging along fine.

Everything smells. . . I cook meat and I smell like meat and the whole house smells like meat (no one else seems to notice this).  I walk in the front door and smell wood fire, but we haven't had a fire in fireplace in over a week. . . my van smells like chicken food from hauling it home from the feed store and it makes me want to hurl.

13 days until my ultrasound. . . I will make it!  I'm trying to talk myself out of begging for an earlier one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment