Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ART Fail...

I had myself convinced that we would be lucky... that one round at the fertility clinic and $1,000 would solve our baby making woes...

I even took it a step further... I had THREE beautiful, ripe follies so why not plan for triplets (or twins at least).

I'm just saying...

The reality is... no matter how many sticks I pee on... this round was a FAIL. And I hate that. I wanted this to be simple. I wanted it to be "oh, let's just get around this roadblock in your cervix and you'll be knocked up in no time".

I know, statistically speaking, this may work for us in the first 2-4 attempts. It took four ovulatory, well timed cycles to conceive baby girl number one and I was a dozen years younger (after many, many unsuccessful anovulatory cycles). So, why would I really think that the first go at this would work?

I've never been fertile. Yes, I have been blessed with birthing three beautiful daughters. I haven't conceived again in seven years... two of my three children required fertility assistance and I was in my early 20's. I've had surgeries and numerous gyn issues crop up in the last few years... so, why on earth would I think it'd be easy now?

Pulling myself together... moving on. Next cycle starts today...

No comments:

Post a Comment