Friday, November 18, 2011

Natural Fertility Journey

We didn't jump right to ART... although I was pretty sure that our fertility issue was anatomical this time and might need some interference.

My bag of tricks has included:

BBT- Basal Body Temperature Charting w/ cervical signs and fluid
OPK's to confirm Ovulation (or lack of)

Food Based Prenatal Vitamins
Fish Oil/DHA
Vitamin D
Probiotics
Evening Primrose Oil
Chromium
Vitex
Kelp
PreSeed

Self Fertility Massage DVD
Castor oil packs

Acupuncture (weekly)

I also tried guafenesin for cervical fluid and Metformin for PCOS for a very short time, it made me very ill.

The biggest impact on my cycles (becoming ovulatory) has been dietary changes. I gave up almost all sugar, only use healthy fats (real butter, EVOO, coconut oil), I eat gluten free and combine lean protein/complex carbs for my meals. I need to eat 5-6 times a day in order to regulate my blood sugars & boost my metabolism.

For the past 11 cycles, I have ranged from 26-37 days in length... for PCOS, this is remarkable. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment