Tuesday, July 17, 2012

16dpo and Progesterone Hang Over

Ugh. . . I hate the waiting game.  These darn medicated cycles drag out longer and longer.  We learned last cycle, when I conceived that a home test at 15dpo was negative and at 18dpo it was positive. . . was this because it wasn't a viable pregnancy, or is that how my body rolls?  Who knows. . . so I have to wait out until 18dpo this round on progesterone.  If I test negative then, I can stop the progesterone and wait for my next cycle to start.

Trouble is. . . I feel like crap.  I have a killer migraine.  I'm so darn tired.  This could be the progesterone. . . who knows.  I've taken two tests, at 14dpo and 15dpo.  I skipped today. . . maybe I'll test tomorrow.  I went by the Dollar Tree and picked up 7 of the Assured tests.  I used these in my conception cycle along with First Response Early Detection (the most sensitive on the market).  The Assured Dollar Tree test also showed positive when my HCG was only 18 and continued to show it when my HCG dropped over the next couple of days.  This tells me they are super sensitive and why waste the big bucks? (The First Response also showed positive.)

I have to decide if I want to shell out the $450 to have a base line scan once AF does show up. . . if so, then I can have another medicated cycle (oh the joys!).  If not, we do nothing and see. . . of course, we conceived on the non-medicated cycle but my progesterone was low and that bambino didn't stick. . . so who knows.

I asked if I can skip the baseline scan and just go ahead with clomid again. . . I know my body so well, I'd know if I have a cyst (ovulation nearly makes me cry. . . seriously).  They said no because they recently had one lady who tested negative. . . had what looked like AF. . . came in for her baseline scan only to find out she was actually pregnant.  I guess better safe than sorry is the story here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment