Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cycling On. . .

Today I am 7dpo.  I'm pretty sure that I released multiple eggs this round as both ovaries were swollen and painful and the ovulation pain/pressure spanned over three days.  Since we are trying with only minor involvement right now I didn't have a scan.  I've been tempted to find a reason to go in for one just to see how many CL's are on  my ovaries now.  Not that it will make any difference. . . but my brain likes to know.

I started progesterone suppositories at 3dpo.  I'm miserably sick, but unsure if that is related to progesterone or maybe I have a bug?  Pretty sure it's too early to be pregnancy symptoms.  (Although the over active part of my brain says if I was pregnant with multiples then maybe it wouldn't be too early. . . and I had a good temp dip yesterday which is when I started feeling sick).

Once again this cycle I didn't get a + OPK.  My body is tricky like that.  I have to spend a fortune and test 3-4x each day if I hope to catch my surge.  Guess I'm one of the small percentage that OPK's are not accurate for.  Maybe I should start using a fern scope again since my CM and OPKs are not reliable indicators. . .

Looks like IVF is off the books. . . I had formulated a plan to possibly pay for one cycle later this year.  However, we've just found out our 10 yo must start orthodontia to the tune of $7,600.  She's scheduled for October when our FSA reloads.   That will deplete our FSA and that is the only way we can afford to pay for IVF.  Ortho for the kid we have trumps trying to conceive the baby of our dreams. 

I napped this afternoon because I'm feeling so crummy. .  . I had strange dreams.  In one, I was pregnant and violently ill (like I have been in all my pregnancies to date).  All I could get down was salt.  So, I sliced up carrots and zucchini into thin strips and dosing them with olive oil and sea salt.  Then I'd bake them up like chips.  I lived on those and kale chips and homemade lemonade with honey. . .  In my dream I was trying to convince myself that I needed protein but I could only manage to eat a bit of scrambled eggs in butter or almonds every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment